Questions & Facts to Inspire the Media
Looking for an organizing industry or time management expert? Certified Professional Organizer® Scott Roewer can lend a credible voice in your story. He’s well acquainted with journalists’ workflow and deadlines, and he’s articulate, engaging and comfortable with taped interviews, on air and on camera.
- What’s a good starting point for getting your home organized?
- What’s the most common clutter-creating habit?
- What area of the home do people typically find the most difficult to organize? Why?
- Do you believe people to be naturally “disorganized,” or is it an acquired habit?
- You’ve said, “It’s not about putting things away, but setting them up for next use.” Explain what you mean by that.
- How can people maintain organizational systems over the long term?
- Can being too organized ever be a bad thing?
- Who hires a professional organizer? Is it only for the wealthy?
- What can an organizer do for me that I can’t do for myself?
- What percentage of your clients are still organized one year after working with you?
- What’s the first step when starting to pack? Is there a certain room that’s the best place to begin?
- What’s the most efficient labeling system for home and office moves?
- What value does a professional organizer add to a mainstream moving company for a move?
- How important is organization in home staging?
Office Organization, Time Management & Productivity
- How does a cluttered office affect productivity and time?
- What’s the key to managing email inboxes?
- When faced with an overwhelming to-do list, how do you recommend getting started or where to begin?
- How do you help someone who reports a crazy schedule find the time to get it all done? Do you have any quick tips?
- How do you manage paper clutter and home office organization?
Hoarders, Clutterers and Special Situations
- What are some of the signs and symptoms of becoming a hoarder?
- When does collecting become hoarding?
- How does sentimental attachment fit into your organizing plans for clients?
- What special techniques do you have for clients with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)?
About Scott Roewer
- How did you get started in the professional organization industry?
- How does your background in event planning play into home and office organizing?
- Do you recall moments from your childhood that involved keeping things in order?
- What elements of the organization process do you most enjoy?
- What’s the most difficult place in your home to keep organized?
- What’s the most interesting organization project you’ve tackled?
Organizing Facts & Figures
Top reasons professional organizers are hired
- Too much clutter
- General disorganization
- Difficulty determining what to keep and/or discard
- Difficulty finding things
- Selling a home or moving
Top areas in home where organizing services are most often requested*
- Home office or den
- Master Bedroom
Disorganization in the US
- 43% of Americans categorize themselves as disorganized.**
- 64% of Americans are dissatisfied with the amount of storage space in their homes.**
* Information used with permission from NAPO
* Ikea Home at Life Survey, June 2012